Sunday, September 4, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words.


Here is Charlie's "picture" of how life has been around here these days:

Yes, Drew has had some fussy moments. We are surviving...but it just doesn't leave much time to blog!

But just look at him. He is so, so incredibly sweet. Yeah, I think I'll forgive him for his fussiness!

In other news, Charlie lost his first tooth! He was so excited, and proud of himself. I don't know who was more proud - him or me? Man, I love that boy.

My amazing, talented friend, Stephanie, came out a couple weeks ago and took some beautiful pics for us.
I love them all, so much. I just can't pick a favorite! But here are a few goodies.

Charlie's first day of Kindergarten is on Thursday. Yikes! I don't even know what to think about that. I do know that I will likely be a mess after I drop him off...and may end up circling that school building like a mama bear for the entire 3 hours and 15 minutes of his first day!

How do you let go? I know, it's only Kindergarten, but he's still my baby! Everyone says they grow up fast, and it is so true. They grow up TOO fast. Sigh.

4 comments:

Cherished Children said...

The pics are just precious. And you're absolutely right...they do grow up way too fast. I only survived the first day of Kindergarten with prayer and the knowledge that God was present with both of us at the same time! (I know, I know...deep theology. ;) But it was great comfort.)

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Ahhhh! GREAT photos. My favorite is the third one down, with Charlie making that hilarious face and Drew staring at (or through) Charlie. That one is especially great.

And Charlie's drawing...oh man. I love it. That kid is creative, isn't he?

I don't know how you will survive the first day of school. I just don't. I mean, I'm sure you will, but I can totally understand if you just whither away and die, because that's what I feel like I'll do when Bennett goes to school (in five years or something). Man, I guess that isn't very encouraging. So never mind the earlier part, and just focus on this: YOU WILL SURVIVE! Because you have to! And you have little Drew to love on! And Charlie will love school! And it will make your time at home with him in the evenings and weekends so much more valuable! Yes, all those things! :)

Mars said...

Ha ha, Rachel! We survived the orientation this morning just fine. He was there for an hour and a half without ME. And...yes, we both survived it! So strange, and cool, and scary, and exciting, and and and....
Watch out, because it really does happen fast. Little B will be here before you can blink! Yikes.

Unknown said...

Beautiful kiddos!!! And I LOVE the drawing of the sound waves coming out of the baby! Hilarious!