Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A long day for mommy, a long day for Charlie ... and still missing Shawn

Shawn is still in North Carolina. He gets home late Thursday night. Charlie and I are both missing him like crazy!

I got sick again yesterday - woke up at 5 am with the flu ... AGAIN! My mom, "Oma", came and got Charlie in the morning, thank goodness. I spent most of the morning in the bathroom, being sick.


By about noon, I realized I was becoming dehydrated again. I called the advice nurse and talked to her for a while. After hearing all my symptoms, she told me to call an ambulance! No way! So, I called the next best thing, my mom. :) My mom and dad came with Charlie, my dad took Charlie to Christine's - who also happens to be sick herself (THANK YOU, CHRISTINE), and my mom drove me out to the hospital. After blowing a vein in a VERY bad way, they got an IV in and I got all pumped up with fluids and other good stuff (Zofran, thank goodness for Zofran!). We were there for several hours (I can't remember...6 or 7, maybe) - then finally got to go home. My mom dropped me off here at home, then went to pick Charlie up at Christine's and take him home with her. When she got Charlie to her house, she had him sit on the potty (by now it was about 9:00 at night) and apparently the day finally caught up with him!


I am so, so tired of getting sick - not sure what is up with that!?

BUT, I am SO thankful for family - Oma, Opa and Christine.

3 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness!! That is so unfair for you to be sick again. I'm so glad you had family there to help out.

lori said...

There's no way you could be....

Naaahhhhhh.

I am sorry to hear about your day. Being sick as a mom is a real DRAG. I have found that out. Thank God for our own moms, right? Or mom figures in our lives.

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Uncanny. I was going to make the exact same suggestion my sister made. Thunder-stealer. But you've probably already looked into that, huh? :)