Monday, April 7, 2008

Break my heart

Charlie's been sick, and I mean SICK. Poor little guy has been puking and running a fever for the past couple days. Yesterday, his fever was over 102 after I had already given him Motrin. He has just been laying around and cuddling lots. While it's nice to get those cuddles in, I wish I could take his illness away for him. It just breaks our hearts to see him so miserable. It's the worst feeling in the world to watch your baby suffering.



Shawn pointed out last night that while we feel so pained watching Charlie suffer, just think how painful it is for parents in 3rd world countries when they have to watch their children suffer and not be able to do anything for them at all. I can't imagine, and it's something I've been thinking about a lot since last night. That really breaks my heart.

The good news is that things are looking up for Charlie today. He woke up this morning at 5:30 am throwing up, but since then he has improved significantly. No more puking, no more fever, and he's even playing a little.
Here he is a few days ago (before he got sick). He decided to take all the contents out of the bread cupboard and have a little picnic with himself. :)



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Marlene,

I don't know if you remember Craig and I from Warner but I found your blog thru Christi's and I got all caught up with your family. I have to say I loved reading your blog. You are an amazing mommy and little Charlie is the cutest thing!

Take care, I hope he's feeling better soon.

Christi said...

Oh I know that look on Shawn's face.

All you can do is pray it goes away.