Thursday, October 30, 2008

Charlie's birthday...continued

Inspired by Autumn ... and at the very real risk of sending myself into a post-traumatic shock-induced session of curling up into the fetal position and rocking back and forth on the ground mumbling incoherently....
I take you back in time 3 years.
Here I was on Thursday, October 27th, 2005 - the day we went in to the hospital to "get induced" (yeah, right, how'd that work out for you, docs?) with Charlie.

3 very long days later...here's Charlie in all his newborn glory - 10 pounds, 8 ounces, a weight I will never forget!

Our first family shot - we were both more than a little traumatized, but very happy anyways... :)

This one cracks me up - Blake was a week old and came to the hospital to visit "little" newborn Charlie. Charlie was literally twice his weight.

Even though it was a rough start for our big baby boy, I wouldn't trade Charlie for anything in the world.
Happy Birthday, Charlie, we love you so much!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Did you say THREE days later? Yikes!

lori said...

This is a birthing story I am not focusing on right now. :) Wow. You were a trooper.

Happy birthday, Charlie!