Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Eyes in dere and a Cheerio knee

The other morning, I was sitting with Charlie while he ate his oatmeal. When I got up to go put my contacts in, I said, "I'll be right back, I gotta go put my eyes in." I didn't even think he was listening...
When I walked back into the kitchen a few minutes later, Charlie looks up at me very seriously, squints his little eyes up really tight, and says, "Mommy. Eyes in dere. Eyes in dere." At first, I didn't get what he was saying. He wasn't asking a question, he was making a statement. And a very serious one. "Eyes in dere." Then I realized what he was saying, "Eyes in there." He was telling me that I now had my eyes in. Wonder what he thinks that's all about...?


And here he is eating Cheerios off of his knee, thinking he's pretty funny!

No comments: